YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Saturday 13 September 2014

SICAMOUS ONE

AUGUST 18, 2014

REVELSTOKE TO SICAMOUS, BRITISH COLUMBIA, CANADA

Thought I would just blast thru my last few days but today was so jammed pack with sight and see, going to take a couple of posts to look at it all.
So why don't we get started.


View Revelstoke to Sicamous in a larger map


I have really enjoyed my stay in Revelstoke, but theres no more rest for this wicked. 
Lets say that today it's the 3M's
Mind over Muscle Matter
I'm off on my last three days  to Kamloops.


Today I'm heading to Sicamous. Supposedly the houseboat capital of Canada.
Hope I meet the mayor. (and they are not having a election)
I like riding off into the distance towards a place that I barely have ever heard of.

Right out of the Revelstoke bat, I'll cross one of the most iconic rivers of not only BC, but of western North America, 
The Columbia.

The past weekend's weather pattern of rain is literally lifting.
(in a pinch I could put a some bike racks on this)


Hey bus driver. What????
"if you don't have exact change get the #$%^ off"
(This is not my bus. Mine has no seats) 

This might have been one of the first "Resorts " opened on the "New" Trans Canada Highway back in '62


I didn't stop but was glad to see that after riding over on thousand kilometres, if I wanted to, the waterfalls was open today.

 I think I was absent from school the day of this history lesson, so here I  caught up on this important part of Canadian lore.



 Didn't keep my eyes on the prize.
It's been a long time since I've had a mountain bike but not my MB shoes. I seem to keep saying that I'll keep touring in them till they or I give up.

 I had to tear myself away from this endless fun and fact as I still have a ways to go today.
Please stay tuned for Sicamous Two.

(Been thinking of trying to stolway on a houseboat headin' down the Suswap. Maybe all the way to Salmon Arm, if anybody would ever want to go there?)







No comments:

Post a Comment