YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Tuesday 19 August 2014

CANMORE, ALBERTA

SATURDAY, DAY AND AUGUST 9, 2014

I've made my way to Canmore primarily to hold up in a room I can call my own. Now on the road for little over a week, I've enjoyed my tenting and the Hosteling experience was fine but....
...........
..........lets first get there.

 To control the wildlife coming and going there are endless gates, fences, cowcatchers going to and fro and along and above and below and over .....the Trans Canada Highway. 

 I have been able to skirt the the TCH till now by arriving in Banff via the Bow Valley Prkwy. Today I'll make my short trip to Canmore along a nice, but understandably busy, recreation trail.


 No argument here with the tag Rocky Mountains.

 Everything now is becoming rather busy. 
Banff being famous as it is and Canmore booming for being the closet "development" outside of the National Park that has restricted that very thing.


 Having visited in the past as well, I like Canmore alot. Beautifully situated and not as much of a Dizzyland as Banff. Having hosted the Nordic events for the 1988 Olympic games, it carries on as a sport and outdoor centre for most any mountain activity one wants.  

 One of the first things I crossed coming into town was this "Backroads Touring Company" gang stocking up for a client crossing to Jasper. Can't imagine they could have forgotten much.
Having looked that the package includes 7 nights at the best lodging and meals , these must be the snacks.
All for $3,500.00 for a single.

If anyone is interested, I'll do it for half. Your choice of flavour for the "Poptarts"

 Twice, twice the fun.



The town is very cycling, sports orientated.







These stations offer all the fixins'
Not your average vending machine. Need a tube?


The downtown would have been a great place to spend some time. The weather and patios had everybody out enjoying brews of all varieties.

Nice and all but now I only wish for two things in life. That at home somehow mysteriously the 
"Service Engine" light turns off in the Acura and a room I can call my own.

Just like the advertisement, best rates and mountain view,
but I've had my up close and personal for now,

thank you.

Perfect. one of my favourite movies is on TV:

 "The Good, The Bad, The Ugly And Mitch"



No comments:

Post a Comment