YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Tuesday 12 August 2014

COLUMBIA ICEFIELDS - THAT SIXTIES TWO SHOW

1962

Before I leave the Icefields, this being my third visit, I'm glad to go with memories that I hope to have till old age leaves me smiling and nodding between drools at these posts thirty years down the road.

Happy now because  my first visit, as we will see below, I don't actually recall at my eight years of age.

My second visit with Hyla left us driving and skidding for our lives after a true Alberta snow clipper robbed us of any viewing.
(I thought this time around I recognised a snowflake from 2002) 

The Blogger, 1962

I, and I'm sure my brother agrees, thank our parents endlessly for taking us to, like here, not cold (some, and we were glad, Skiing,) but so many COOL places.


 This time around the glacier receded so far back that there was no way I was going walk that extra distance to take a look.

I believe in the distance they are using the old tried and tested, lets just burn the garbage.
The smoke is a much quicker way of drawing that other attraction, bears.

(Not the Icefields, but part of our 1962 trip. Take a look. The gravel road behind was part of our 
"NO. 1, the TRANS CANADA" highway.





Comparing images from fifty-two years ago, these once predominantly advancing earth movers are definitely receding. 
 Al Gore wasn't  bull-@#$%^&
With this whole part of Canada being so stunning, I can see coming back just once more with Kate and a much more ass friendly mode of transportation.

Coming back quick before it's all gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment