YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Friday 8 August 2014

JONAS CREEK - COLUMBIA ICEFIELD PARKWAY

Monday, August 4, 2014


View Jasper to Jonas Creek camp in a larger map


Today I start crossing the Columbia Icefield parkway. With not as much the distance to LL a factor, but with the lay of the land I plan on breaking up the 230K's over three nights.
Today off to Jonas Creek Campground, about 80 K's.
By local standards, a easy start by the climbing chart. 

Here a couple from Germany and I get our park passes checked.
You may proceed.
I'm starting to dislike it when people say:
 "GOOD LUCK"

Have to come back.

This one goes out to all the nurses. Edith was some angel from the the early 1900's I believe.

Russ from New Mexico
His blog title "ManBikeWorld" spells it out nicely.
Happy to make his post.








On many occasions I've found National Park staff out spreading the good words.
How to not get eaten by a bear.


Getting the  climbing legs for the days ahead.
By the end of my crossing, this is that mole hill when it comes to that mountain thing
Relation | Bookmark | Edit |  | Report | Link
Click here for a larger version of the picture



Jonas Creek campground proved small and not overly busy. Like most, they have walk in sites for hikers and bikers.
Quite quiet.

Le Creek Jonas


It was just sprinkling so I asked for a table inside. Somehow nobody answered

There will be be food offerings on route but limited. 
Here I have meal that was on wheel.
I find most anything rewarding after a ride like this;
Stagg Classic Chili and sides.

The Parks are very wildlife preservation attentive. Here in this food locker I will store the rest of my rations.
For me it's Paul's preservation program.
I'd be pissed if some critter got my Starbuck's instant and the rest of my treats.


More tomorrow, tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment