YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Thursday 14 August 2014

WATERFOWL LAKE CAMPGROUND

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

I'll finish my day by grabbing some grub at The Crossing, the confluence of the Saskatchewan River.
 Why do they have to put rivers in the valleys. I'll pay for my descending day with a 20k climb to camp.

It was Edgar Winter who sang:
(Sorry to hear brother Johnny W. just past a couple of weeks ago. I  personally think that he was the best white brother (and with Johnny I mean white) who ever played the blues. Maybe Stevy Ray Vaughan?)


The mountain is high, the valley is low
And you're confused 'bout which way to go
So I flew here to give you a hand
And lead you into the promised land
So, come on and take a free ride (free ride)
Come on and take it by my side
Come on and take a free ride


Read more: Edgar Winter Group - Free Ride Lyrics | MetroLyrics



 This large group was riding some sort of "Veterans Ride" coast to coast.

Some rather large parts of both Alberta and BC have been, are, or will soon be on fire. Something that I keep my eye on when road closures in some place can mean a 2-300km detour.

This burn closed the Icefield Parkway long before I came out. You could see still many hot spots.
I am forever grateful for the spectacular weather so far so I won't comment on the temperatures.

All I ask is for it to cool down at night.
I don't say that to loudly either because it must have gotten to 3C while I slept because I had to get the toque out.

Should have got a 3c sleeping bag.

 Holy grizzly shit.
The park(s) provide endless advisories, warnings, .......


 Waterfowl Lake. The camp is just in the woods.







 Nice campground. Heavily wooded and not too busy. A sense of serenity and good feeling to roll in after a successful day on the road.


 I passed this couple cycling the other way earlier. We exchange quick greetings as one can going in opposite directions. Turned out that they are the campground hosts.
Had a great chat with them. Will have to tell all to Kate as they have been to Wells-Gray, our hut to hut hiking destination, when Kate comes out, many times in the past.

Here at my expense they have a good laugh after I tell them where I'm going tomorrow.
"you know it's up hill !!!!"


Besides the ride at Disneyland, I generally don't by into "isn't it a small world" business.
With the world connected as I am today, people get around.

But check this out.
Mr Intertool  and his wife have been on a year and a half tour of the world. It would take up to much of my data time to even list the general destinations.
last year at about this time Kate and I travelled the northern most "road" in Quebec to get to the Trans Labrador Highway. Near the end of this road, maybe I'll post the link, is Fermont. A whole story in itself.
Recognising the "Desert Storm RV style", by joint recollection, Mr Intertool and I believe we were in Fermont on the same day. Go figure.

Hey look. I did post the link. Check it out as Fermont is rather unique. Qui.



Coming soon:   "you know it's up hill!!!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment