YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Friday 1 August 2014

JASPER, ALBERTA

JULY 31, 2014

JETTING WEST

Which is my favourite Community Greenhouse?


I DON'T KNOW IF IT WAS SANDRA BULLOCK IN "GRAVITY" OR DEWEY COX IN "WALK HARD" WHO SAID:

"YOU KNOW, THIS COULD BE A BEAUTIFUL RIDE"

Here in more than one way thanks to Kate I'm at YYHAM.
My first leg that will hopefully see me through Calgary and ultimately by evening Jasper.
My jump off for a three week Rocky Road tour.


View Jasper, Alberta in a larger map

Hey look, there's WELL GRAY PROVINCIAL PARK


Walking the gang....

Disregarding the fact that we're only going 16mph, I'm wondering how my existence at around 300 ft above sea level in Ridgeville will impact my tomorrow riding 5000 ft plus.

Going up.

Coming down.

Just missed this one but how about a quick look back to: 







.....and now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Travelling in the peak of vacation time and hitting some of North America's premier tourist destinations does not bode well for picking up a cheap room here and there.
Preferring not to put my bike together amidst the throngs at the bus station, I booked the best deal I could find.
 "Historic" labelling of some hotels only confirms my experiences of rooms the size of "surprise" big enough for my bike and me.
We will become "one" sooner than I had planned.
I had probably the best view of the kitchen exhaust fans than anyone. Not the best for someone who has arrived in a bit of a heat wave. The day brought 30c temps in Jasper.

The lobby and more of the "Athabasca Hotel" were nicely decorated.

After a successful re assembly of bike and all, was not in need of any FreeWheelin help.
 Got a quick re acquaintance with Jasper and my day was done.

Can't say that WestJet was a beautiful ride, but all was a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment