YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Sunday 17 August 2014

BANFF - NOW

NOW,
I'm in Banff and have finished up my first cursory tour and burger and thought I'd head to the hostel, get settled in and freshened up.

Boy, in this part of the country after asking for directions and being told it's just at the top of the
HILL.

There'll be no rest for the wicked
There's no song for the choir
There's no hope for the weary
If you let them win without a fight


Read more: Lykke Li - No Rest For The Wicked Lyrics | MetroLyrics 


I automatically invision some biblical Alpe D'huez ascent.
Not quite but lets just say it wasn't the scenery that left me breathless.









The Hostel's cafe looked like a nice place to grab some eats but I'm going into town.
How quickly one has forgotten that my day started in the rain.


Having ditched my panniers, on what now has become my "feather light bike" I go exploring.

Hey guy, where's the Chateau?
RIGHT THERE!



The most famous mountain around here is Rundle, but here, Cascade, I'm sure gets it's fair share of pics.

Hey, like right here!

My mom, myself and my brother John.
1962

Here's another one.
My mom (c) with dear friends Frank and Gita Chudoba from Calgary.
1986

Beautiful night to watch the world go by on Banff Ave.
I do mean the world.The odd time you do hear people converse in English.

I have been for the past how many winters scanning my and many people's lives into my wonderful
 I-PHOTO program. Must have still somewhere on the to-do pile our family ski trip trip which included a night here dipping and dripping all sorts of the local wildlife.

For reasons best left for another day, no pictures today of the place that we stayed at which was on route to the Hostel.

(I have to go back a long way, and maybe almost never, before I can re-call a family vacation that wasn't  great. Maybe best not being able to remember all the details, but towards the end of our ski trip Hyla was sick. I think after a visit to the local clinic with Kate, it was your good old flu. )

Maybe for the better. Hyla, never knowing the outcome, just think how many wonderful years of life you have been able to enjoy since.
We did get a fair bit of skiing in but have to go back and:
Rip the Dive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq-2mAAnC04

My many trips to Banff have primarily been to ski
Sunshine Village and Lake Louise.
My many trips to Magpie and Stump's have primarily been for Mexican cuisine and .......
(that's all I have to say about that)


The iconic Mount Rundle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment