YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Saturday 9 August 2014

COLUMBIA ICEFIELDS - PART ONE

TUESDAY, AUGUST 5, 2014


View Columbia Icefields in a larger map



Heading to the Icefields. Hope I get there before they melt.
It's going to touch the 30's today.






One of my favourite and most admired Canadians!!!!
A person of National historical significance

DAVID THOMPSON



This Tango creek and waterfall was all nice but most importantly offered a excuse for a break during some SERIOUS climbing. I just made it look like I was taking a lot of pictures to delay the inevitable.

"Look what I got"

There are bus loads of all sorts in the perpetual state of unloading and reloading at all pull-outs.
(rightly so as the scenery is spectacular)
Here I had my fun and pointed to what I assumed were S Koreans that my daughter lives in this actual condo in Toronto.
Their natural reaction was to take endless pictures of this, what I assumed to them, mysterious location.


 I can deal with most climbs under ten percent grade. Here for I'm  not sure how long and what grade, I had some serious introduction to what one needs to do to cross this part of the country. 
I know I'm in trouble when I get to the bottom of some of these hills and all I smell is brake smoke. 
I know I'm in trouble when I climb and when I can hear all sorts of vehicle's automatic transmissions looking for unusually low gears as they climb pass me.

Looking back down the road.
When one has a hour or more climbing with your current worldly possessions, the list gets long on the stuff, and the weight that goes with it, that I should have left at home.
Can picture a trail of hair dryer, ice fishing gear, scrap booking supplies, copy of "The Thing 2: The Other Thing,,,...

Watching the world go by @ 7kmh


What goes up must come......

'Cause baby,
There ain't no mountain high enough
Ain't no valley low enough
Ain't no river wide enough
To keep me from getting to you

and the icefields



No comments:

Post a Comment