YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Monday 6 August 2012

CYCLING THE NORTHERN TIER - DAY SEVEN - SANDPOINT, IDAHO, USA

AUGUST 4, 2012
THIS MORNING'S EPISODE - IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN

Took my time leaving Sandpoint this morning. What a fun way to explore. Rolling around on my bike.



                      IN-A-GADDA-DA-VIDA


Fuel stop. These little eSpresso shacks are everywhere. Thank you very much.

I generally avoid bike paths. The suggested map route had me leaving Sandpoint on one such path. I thought what harm could a few miles along the waterfront do. The little harm was some swimming race with a rather sizable contingent of most everybody. As I was snaking my way through, I asked some guy if Micheal Phelps was competing. He didn’t seem to share my sense of Saturday ,weekend, have fun kidding, and might as well blurted out, “What do you have, shit for brains!”

With the heat, I was seriously giving up my cycling career to become a swimmer.




Heading out of Sandpoint.
Oh, won't you come with me
And take my hand
Oh, won't you come with me
And walk this land
Please take my hand 

No comments:

Post a Comment