YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Wednesday 1 August 2012

CYCLING THE NORTHERN TIER - DAY THREE- WHITEFISH, MONTANA TO EUREKA, MONTANA, USA

JULY 31, 2012
THIS EPISODE: THE WEATHER IS HERE, WISH YOU WERE BEAUTIFUL.

START - WHITEFISH, MT
FINISH - EUREKA, MT
TODAY - 99kms
TTD - 230kms
COMMENT du jour- "HOW FAR YA RIDE THAAT THAANG?



After a sleep cheap sleep, rolled out of Whitefish. The days might be blistering, but the nights cool dramatically. Rolling out in the early mornings are "Brilliant". Fresh air, clear skies. I have not seen a weather forecast were the humidity is above 20%. Sometimes as low as 10%. If they forecast a possible thunderstorm, most likely you will see the rain, but it won't make it to the ground.

I need a cup holder.




My first guess is this person nailed a deer. My second guess
is that it wasn't their car and said to hell with it. Looks like it's
been there awhile.


This road was marked for traffic. Most of it was heading south. 





My all time favourite pilot.
"You're comin in to low"



To anyone who has gone to Princeton, I salute you.


After three, four, five hours in the saddle, there are straight stretches that
I put my head down and ride. I was in the middle of nothing when I heard
all this screeching. Osprey.




Don't get me started on towns with .........
Here I am only about 10kms from the Canadian border.
Stocking up on the fluids. Tomorrow there is a stretch of 
fifty-five miles with NO services. 

“The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that
heralds new discoveries, is not ‘Eureka!’  but
‘That’s funny…’”

No comments:

Post a Comment