YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Saturday 25 August 2012

CYCLING THE NORTHERN TIER, FRIDAY HARBOUR, SAN JAUN ISLAND, WASHINGTON -DAY TWENTY ONE - FRIDAY HARBOUR

AUGUST 18, 2012

FRIDAY HARBOUR, SAN JUAN ISLAND, WA
 
View Larger Map

Friday Harbour. It is very nice for what it is, but not saying that what it is is nice. The makeup of this and some surrounding villages are very touristy, but the locale and fun accessibility warrants it.
I comment with reservation as I took in only a small segment of what the area as a whole has to offer
The San Juan Islands are made up of over one hundred islands. What seems to be a rather efficient ferry system offers an endless combination of visits. The islands seem to home away from home for many people. The little bit that I saw was dotted with small hobby farms, cottages and a mix of permanent residences, old and new. Many seeming to be comfortable second homes.

This, as many ports that I am starting to pass, appear to be transient homes to the mariners. Could
see myself trading my shaved legs for sea legs to eat some crab legs.


 It must be Saturday. Market. My third.


Good place for a weekend tour. I was going to ask for a ride.


You love this town 
Even if that doesn't ring true 
You've been all over 
And it's been all over you 

It's a beautiful day 

Don't let it get away 
It's a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment