YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Sunday 26 August 2012

CYCLING THE NORTHERN TIER, SAN JUAN ISLAND, WASHINGTON - DAY TWENTY, JUAN - CAMP

AUGUST 18, 2012
SAN JUAN ISLAND, WA

Was hoping to find a campsite with an ocean view, but with it being the weekend things were quite busy. Found a spot by a rather nice little lake.

Like any good cycling route, a lot of little diversions. I pray so I can continue to ride the straight and narrow as I have no sweep wagon to shovel me in after a little diversion.


This trip has been visually spectacular. But it's not to take away from other 
sensual moments. Here, like so many times and places along my travels,
 the fragrance of the forests only confirm that I'm at some special place. 
Nature offers so much. 
My alarm clock comes from the canopy high above. 
How many times have I felt the 
freshness of the mountain breeze on my back.


First night of the trip that I slept with the fly on. A couple, literally,
of drops did fall during the night.


 Packed up. Heading out. Looks I am out to conquer. Can't remember the
name but it turn out to be a breakfast burrito place.

Will that be one hump or two?


Up with the sun, gone with the wind,
Today I'm feeling lazy.
Leavin' my home, leavin' my friends,
This cycling thing is getting too crazy.
Out on the road, out 'neath the stars,
Feelin' the breeze, getting passed by cars.
                                                         Travelin' man, yes I am.




No comments:

Post a Comment