YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Thursday 9 August 2012

CYCLING THE NORTHERN TIER - DAY TEN - COLVILLE to KETTLE FALLS, WA

AUGUST 7, 2012

START- COLVILLE, WA
FINISH - KETTLE FALLS, WA
TODAY -  23kms
TTD - 760kms


View Larger Map

 I have pretty much taken the day off. All I have to do is roll down the road and position myself for the next day's ride. It could prove to be the biggest of my trip. My highlight of the day was hitting the post office and mailing some much unnecessary warm weather clothing and miscellaneous over packing home. It was the greatest 8.8lbs that I have ever lost.

Colville before I leave.


 A lot of these towns were built on and many still survive through mining, logging and wood producing industries.








 Large animal unloading.
Fleece and booty un-
loading. Americano
loading.
Heading out of Colville and down the road.

Still have to check out the Red
Mountain Racers. Soon
 





Thought about setting up my tent, crawling in and catching a movie. Was going to best guess the height of the screen and set my camp back accordingly. Looked a little shaky. Would want to watch the movie, not be underneath it.

The Double N Ranch. Will mention it to Nicola in case it ever came up for sale. 

 Between every pass that I will be climbing, I'll be riding through these valleys. The current heat wave and drought perhaps doesn't bring out the best of what they have to offer.



 Heading downtown. This is a timber town. A large lumber mill is in the heart.


 This place was welcoming, had great rates, fridge, micro and A C.
Why does it seem that the towns that least need it, have the biggest main street?

Any town with a switching yard that
bisects main street, I like.











































COMING SOON - SHERMAN PASS. A MILE HIGH CLIMB.

No comments:

Post a Comment