YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Monday 27 August 2012

CYCLING VANCOUVER ISLAND, SAN JUAN ISLAND, WASHINGTON, SIDNEY, NORTH SAANICH, BC - DAY TWENTY TWO - BACK TO O' CANADA

AUGUST 19, 2012
TODAY'S EPISODE -  If you don't know where you're goin, any road will take you there.

START - LAKEDALE RESORT, SAN JAUN ISLAND, WA.
FINISH - NORTH SAANICH, BC, CDN
TODAY - ROAD - 24kms
TTD - 1372kms


View Larger Map

With my travels and adding to the front of my trip the time I spent with Kate, returning to Canada after a month.

 There was only one ferry to Sidney today. Didn't want to miss it.

 One cannot sail on an empty stomach.

It seems inevitable that I shall leave the San Juans without riding into the iconic ski film producer, director and colourful narrator, Warren Miller, who makes Orca Island his home.


Spent some time with this kid and her
parents at the campground. They were
doing a short tour from Vancouver.


 This half of a rubber snake was the only thing that I declared at the border.


Including part of the San Juans, the passage snaked through islands that are in a rain shadow of Vancouver Island. Surprisingly parched.

Stood on deck with this fellow from Redmond, WA. and traded stories. We were both at the Seattle Worlds Fair in 1961. I do remember the Space Needle and Monorail but not him. 

Guarded my passport during my travels. Not for the ease of getting back into Canada.

 It's the best picture I have of myself!!


No comments:

Post a Comment