YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Wednesday 1 August 2012

CYCLING THE NORTHERN TIER - DAY TWO- WEST GLACIER to WHITEFISH, MONTANA, USA

JULY 30, 2012
TODAY'S EPISODE- WARM UP THE GREMLIN, WE'RE GOIN TO MONTANAS

START - WEST GLACIER, MT
END - WHITEFISH, MT
TODAY - 48kms
TTD - 131kms
COMMENT du JOUR - "OH, ST CATHARINES CYCLING CLUB, I'M FROM WELLAND"




After having spent some time in the park with Kate, I decided to ride through and find a room. Regroup after my FIRST day. The days lately have been extremely hot and relief is not till evening. Tenting can be tough. My day today passed through a rather busy area leading to Whitefish. Having just started, my next stop past Whitefish is over 100kms, so had a short day and again found a little room in town. Hoping the heat will subside and tent further west.





I love Motels! Room for two. Wheel her in.
This place's decor was "Shed du Garden" Mind you, the later period. 
Nice old "vacation" feel.


Saw this and rode hard for at least five miles. Thought that would be out of memorial range.
It seems like most roads leading to National Parks are dotted with Go-Cart tracks, Water slides, ...
here no different. I could get my "Interval Training" here.

Yak-ki-di-Yak, it didn't talk back. I will soon write of the Sasquatch with the camera.

Heading into Whitefish.
Even the Quonset buildings are looking good.


This is Huckleberry country. Like Blueberries. 


Kate and I spent a night in Whitefish during our tour. You can check out an earlier post
and see all the rich people hangin' out. Pickin' up some WIFI here. (I tried to explain to some old guy, I'm NOT picking up somebody's WIFE)

I also wrote of the railroad history of this town. Can you imagine today or one hundred years ago pulling in to this station for your Glacier experience.




O beautiful for spacious skies,

For amber waves of grain,
For purple mountain majesties
Above the fruited plain!
America! America! God she'd His grace on thee,
And crown thy good with brotherhood
From sea to shining sea! 


No comments:

Post a Comment