YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Thursday 16 August 2012

CYCLING THE NORTHERN TIER, NORTH CASCADES SCENIC HIGHWAY - DAY SIXTEEN - and then there are THEM HILLS.

AUGUST 13, 2012


Had to stop. I was hot. He was hot. His truck was
 hot. He burned himself. Gave him my Gold Bond
Told him if he sees me at the top, give me whats 
left. Not a yard sooner


Started my climb up Washington Pass. After my valley travels from Winthrop, went pretty much uphill for an hour to reach here. Enough to get out of the heat and into the forest.


 My first night in the Cascades. Very quiet.
Fell asleep listening to this brook.




 I have to say that they were very generous with the Weenees.



 Did a little hike after dinner.





Had a great chat with JB, the camp host, until he told me that the hard part of
 the climb lay ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment