YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Wednesday 15 August 2012

CYCLING THE NORTHERN TIER, JIM GREGG'S BIKE BARN, MAZAMA, DAY SIXTEEN - THERE'S a VALLEY, and then....

AUGUST 13, 2012

..... HEADING TOWARDS WASHINGTON PASS AND LONE FIR CAMPGROUND.







The Winthrop Sheriff. I know
I wasn't speeding.


Much looking forward to turning left towards the trees and leaving the hot valleys behind.
Things you see when you don't have your gun.

 Much publicized amongst the touring cyclist is Jim Gregg's Bike Barn. Jim built a shelter and offers a patch of his land to any cyclist that wishes for some respite amongst the brother and sisterhood tourer. It was early in my day, but had to stop by and check it out.

Here Jim and his son share their indifference's when I offer to show them my six pack.



Other than counting on potable water at
campgrounds, I load up for two days of
coffee from a can and even some food.

The Mazama General Store was a fine place for provisions.

I bought a toothbrush, some toothpaste 
A flannel for my face 
Pyjamas, a hairbrush 
New shoes and a case 
I said to my reflection 
Let's get out of this place 

Past the church and the steeple 
The laundry on the hill 
Billboards and the buildings 
Memories of it still 
Keep calling and calling 
But forget it all 
I know I will 


No comments:

Post a Comment