YOUR NIAGARA PAUL

Wednesday 29 August 2012

CYCLING VANCOUVER ISLAND, NANAIMO, CHEMAINUS, BC - DAY TWENTY FOUR - HEADING TO get THE BAR!

AUGUST 21, 2012

TODAY'S EPISODE - AM I TWO TIRED?

START - CHEMAINUS, BC
FINISH - NANAIMO, BC
TODAY - 46kms
TTD - 1470kms

Kind of a short day. Left me a lot of time to go find the "Bar".


View Larger Map


During our family's lives in the lumber and manufacturing business, Mac Blo was a huge Canadian player in the Domestic and International wood products market.

In our youth, our father would travel with us to the west coast, and as guests we visited many mills and logging operations.
What kid could forget watching them fall
100'+ trees.
I still remember their distribution yard on Hwy 20 just east of Fonthill.

If only his parents knew at the time that he would turn into a "BLOGGER".
Could anything have been done?

 Chemainus' claim to fame are the murals throughout the town. There wasn't a corner without some artwork.



 Little fun(coffee) street in Chemainus.

 This couple from Italy had started in Patagonia, Argentina.
"molto lontano da casa"

Due to the limited coastal routes, starting to ride more and more on the main north/south highway, the No.1. Many sections are like riding on Niagara's Hwy 406, but more confining with
the shoulders barricaded with concrete dividers.
I will let everyone know at the end of my trip if I survive.

This parameter prevents the flushing of my number one enemy from day one, glass. I am travelling with a spare tire and a number of extra  tubes.
I will let everyone know at the end of my trip if I..
( I am not going to write anymore on the subject so as not to ......)

At least I made it this far. My reward for a safe arrival will be Canada's Food Guide recommended sugar intake for one week in one two inch by two inch slab of one minute goodness.
My stay in Nanaimo will not be measured in hours, but specific minutes.



Do not want to insult the moniker city.
Lousy photo. Superior goodness.

So as not to take away from the notoriety of this place of gastronomical significance,
there is nothing else of note in this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment